July 20, 2019
How We Met: We met through my best friend who was maid of honor, Ashley Martin, five years ago. Andrew asked me (Kelly) on a date the day after we met. We went to The Fish Market, walked around Railroad Park, climbed a water tower and explored at Moss Rock. It was so adventurous!
The Proposal: Andrew had planned a day of our favorite hike at Oak Mountain. I thought it was just another normal day because we love to hike together, and I had just talked to my family about when I thought Andrew would propose. But as we started hiking Andrew started to act kind of funny and said he was very nauseous. He had to stop a few times to catch his breat, whih is not typical of himh. Once we got to the top, we were admiring the view, and that’s when Andrew got down on one knee to ask me to marry him! I was so surprised! He planned for my family to fly up from Florida and be there for a special dinner at The Club.
Favorite Moment: The ceremony. The blessing of seeing all our closest family and friends witness our promise before God to love and serve each other for the rest of our lives was so special. We had family and friends fly from all over the country to be there, and I loved for them to see my beautiful alma mater.
Favorite Details: A really special moment was two of my bridesmaids, Hope and Elizabeth, sang “Come Thou Fount” while we took communion. The three of us lived together after college for two years, and my favorite nights were when they would sing hymns in our apartment. I also wore my grandmother’s diamond watch, and it meant a lot to me to honor her memory.
- Ceremony Venue: A. Hamilton Reid Chapel, Samford University
- Reception Venue: The Club
- Wedding Planner: Courtney Bell, La Belle Vie
- Florist: Forever Wild Floral Co.
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: Blythe Amber Videography
- Invitations: Empress Stationery
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Birdy Grey
- Hair & Makeup: Rachel Griffin, Be Loved Beauty
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Music: Just a Few Cats Band
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Wedding Day Bridal Preparations: The Grand Bohemian