May 25, 2019
How We Met: Megan and Michael Sullivan met at a party during the second semester of their freshman year at Ole Miss. Something sparked that night, and they began to build a slow-growing love full of hanging out with friends, Kappa Alpha Theta sorority date parties, and long, late-night talks outside the dorms.
The Proposal: The University of Mississippi was a big part of Megan and Sullivan’s love story. So, Sullivan’s proposal in Oxford, two years after that first party, made perfect sense. On a chilly January night in 2018, Sullivan took Megan on a walk around the historic town square. As they approached the front of the grand 1871 county courthouse at the center of town, Sullivan dropped to one knee and asked Megan to marry him. And she said yes!
Favorite Moments: A year- and-a-half-long engagement allowed plenty of time to plan all the wedding details. It began with finding the perfect venue at the beautiful Otter Creek Farm in Ohatchee, Alabama. The pair enjoyed the entire wedding weekend—from their romantic first look to sharing the vows they wrote to one another at the ceremony. However, their favorite moment was the blast they had on the dance floor, celebrating with family and friends.
What We Are Doing Now: It has been a busy 2019. Megan and Sullivan both graduated from the University of Mississippi in May and moved to Hoover, Alabama, with their dog Bella. Two weeks later they tied the knot on one of the hottest days of the year! Megan is currently attending the University of Alabama, working towards her master’s degree in social work, which she will complete in May 2020. Sullivan is a ninth-grade history teacher and serves as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps Reserves.
- Venue: Otter Creek Farm
- Wedding Planner: Ashley Copeland Weddings
- Florist: Stems & Styles
- Caterer: Happy Catering
- Cakes: Cakes by Kim
- Videographer: Main Street Productions
- Invitations: Gracefully Made Art
- Wedding Dress: Village Bridal
- Veil: Bustle Homewood
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Holly Craft
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Ceremony Music: Rachel Sherrod (violin), Keith LaBenne (cello)
- Reception DJ: DJ Jazzy Joe
- Transportation: Kelton Tours and Accent Luxury Limo
- Draping and Lighting: D4 Events
- Rentals: Decor to Adore & Prophouse Design Studio
- Rings: Levy’s Fine Jewelry and Van Atkins Jewelers
- Hand-Lettered Signs: Georgia Anderson