July 11, 2020
Photos by Eric & Jamie Photography
How We Met: Being from the same hometown, Nicholas and I (Mary Allison) knew of each other, but we never crossed paths. Fast forward to being adults living in Birmingham. We both attended a Bible study at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church where mutual friends connected us. We had an instant connection and talked all night on our first date.
The Proposal: Nicholas created this elaborate story to get me dressed up and to go to at the restaurant where we had our first date. We strolled in Homewood Park for a bit first, and he began sharing some of his favorite memories that we have made together as a couple and expressed the desire to keep making these memories. He got down on one knee, and the rest is history!
Favorite Moment: Our favorite moment was our first dance. We loved being able to experience those first intimate moments of marriage surrounded by our family and friends. We thought it was only appropriate that we get married in the church that brought us together. The mutual friend who connected us at Bible study is also a talented vocal performer and was the canter in our wedding and sang my favorite hymn “Ave Maria.” Both of us asked godparents to participate in the mass by reading the first and second readings too. The priest who officiated the wedding and celebrated the mass was Monsignor Father Troncale, a family friend.
Favorite Details: Nicholas’s ring was his late grandfather’s and is engraved on the inside with his grandparent’s initials and wedding date. We also had our initials and wedding date engraved on the inside of it. As an incredibly thoughtful gift, a bridesmaid’s grandmother handmade and stitched a handkerchief, and Nicholas’s great-grandmother passed down a handkerchief. These items as well as my baptismal bonnet were used to wrap my bouquet.
- Ceremony Venue: Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church
- Reception Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Day Coordinator: Cindy Caradine
- Florist: Linda Bearden, Flowers from the Heart
- Caterer: Vestavia Country Club
- Bride’s Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Groom’s Cake: Peggy McKinney
- Videographer: Eric and Ginny Dooley, Litany Media
- Invitations: Cotton and Pine, Montgomery, Alabama
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Azazie
- Hair & Makeup: Glow
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Musical Fantasy
- Transportation: Vintage Auto Wedding Chauffeur & Accent Luxury Limousine
- Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited & PropHouse
- Drapery & Lighting: A&G Lighting